The goals of the ASM are as follows:
- Discovery, investigation, and conservation of Maryland's archeological resources.
- Proper recording of archeological sites.
- Respect for the fragile and non-renewable nature of archeological sites.
- Creation of bonds between avocational and professional archeologists.
- Development of opportunities for working with professional archeologists through directed fieldwork, analysis, and reporting.
- Public dissemination of information about Maryland's buried heritage.
- Publication of the results of all excavations undertaken by the Society.
In support of these goals, ASM sponsors a variety of activities, including
fieldwork, publications, meetings, and events.
Click here for the Bylaws of the Archeological Society of Maryland,